Principal Responsibilities of the Role:
The Operations Manager will play a key support role to the CEO in terms of operations and strategic support to Thurles Credit Union. The Operations Manager will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the highest standards of performance in all aspects of operations at Thurles Credit Union in line with strategic and business goals. The role will be focused on ensuring the member can transact and engage with the credit union across whatever platform (physical, analogue, digital etc.) they wish and in doing so will receive the highest level of service in the most cost efficient way. The Operations Manager will be a member of the Management Team and will be an active participant in strategic and financial planning for the continued growth and success of the Credit Union.
• Overall responsibility for the management of front-line staff including overseeing, coordinating and approving appropriate staff levels, profiles, and development throughout the network of credit union offices. Ensure a positively engaged, involved, and effective workforce to support the member needs.
• Manage and support the Member Services team in the day to day performance of their duties as they advance the member experience. Overall responsibility for effectively resolving queries and operational issues that arise from members or other sources
• Improve member experience through ensuring high-quality services are provided to members with a focus on service quality, member satisfaction, and productivity
• Design and implement training and development programmes/initiatives to achieve the highest service standards
• Overall responsibility for the management of all staff involved in Operations ensuring that these staff are managed according to approved HR policies and procedures that fully conform to current legislation
• Present to and consult with the CEO and management team on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels and achieving higher levels of member service and operational excellence
• Enhance direct service provision and develop digital solutions to increase member access options in line with growing requirements. Evaluate services performance on a regular basis, modifying and developing as required
• Continually refine operational processes to further improve the member experience
• Deliver an operationally excellent model where targets are set, performance and member services measured
• Manage the financial profile of the Operation to ensure that costs are managed in an effective way, in line with budget, and at the lowest possible level without impacting service levels to members
• Report on progress and the achievement of the financial and other organisational performance metrics on an annual, quarterly, monthly, weekly or daily basis, as appropriate
• In conjunction with the MLRO ensure that all money laundering guidelines are adhered to
• Ensure there are adequate controls and procedures in place to safeguard the Credit Union
• Along with the CEO and Compliance Officer ensure that the Credit Union is in compliance with all statutory and other appropriate regulatory requirements
• Overall responsibility for Health and safety
• Responsible for overseeing the security, upkeep, and maintenance of the building and its facilities.
The successful candidate should have the following:
• Minimum 7+ years management experience within Financial Services
• A third level business degree or equivalent
• Excellent interpersonal, communication skills
• Successful track record of implementing HR processes, employee resourcing, performance and change management
• Strong knowledge of financial and HR compliance reg’s and a proven track record ensuring strong employee relations
• A customer-centric focus ensuring that a first-class service is delivered to members
• Appropriate attention to detail, to ensure that the Credit Union meets its responsibilities as a regulated entity
• Central Bank minimum competency requirements (MCR) or will undertake training to complete this requirement
• Experience of Progress Software system Software system, or equivalent, is desirable
Applicants should state clearly the position they are applying for by quoting the reference number OP MGR 2019
Applications including CV by email only addressed to email@example.com
Closing Date for receipt of applications is 19th March 2019
Short listing may apply and assessment will be done on the basis of the information provided in the application.
Thurles Credit Union Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer