Bray Credit Union Ltd. is now inviting applications for the following position Chief Financial Officer (BCU CFO 2020)
Bray Credit Union is a progressive, modern financial services provider, with over 24,000 members. We are based in Bray and boast total assets of €131 million. Bray Credit Union prides itself on being at the heart of the community. Our core value is to serve our members and the community, whilst striving to maintain the highest professional standards. A unique opportunity has arisen within Bray Credit Union to provide direction and leadership towards the achievement of this vision.
Principal responsibilities of the Role
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will report to the CEO and the Board and will have overall responsibility for the delivery of timely and accurate financial management reporting. The CFO will support the development and execution of the Credit Union’s Finance Strategy and ensure alignment with the overall objectives of the Strategic Plan. In addition, the CFO will implement effective processes and controls to accurately measure and report financial performance and review all financial reports ensuring that underlying processes, review and controls have been completed in accordance with best practice and regulatory requirements and that the appropriate supporting detail is in place to substantiate the final balances.
- Overseeing the management and co-ordination of all internal and external financial reporting, including the consolidation of monthly management accounts and central bank reporting.
- Responsible for preparing and monitoring monthly and annual budgets.
- Responsibility for Payroll and ancillary products.
- Overall management of Bank Reconciliations and investment strategies.
- Overall responsibility for Controls and Compliance in Accounts, EFT and cash offices, ensuring that all statutory requirements are met.
- Responsible for budgetary control and forecasting.
- Review of investments, including portfolio decision making with the CEO, Board and external bodies.
- Responsible for the preparation of financial information for the Board and committees.
- Support the CEO by providing analysis of financial information, with the provision of ad hoc reports that will lead to new business initiatives.
- Undertake such other duties as may be delegated by the CEO and Board of Directors from time to time.
The successful candidate should have the following attributes
- Strong on financial analysis with a good understanding of Credit Union rules & regulations.
- Ability to plan budgets and oversee budget implementation.
- Excellent report writing, presentation skills, administrative, organisational and business support skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work calmly under pressure.
- Ability to adapt to differing requirements and prioritise information needs.
- Attention to detail and good judgement showing logical decision making and a hands-on approach to tasks.
- Change management orientated.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- 5 years’ experience working in the financial sector or equivalent with a proven track record of managing staff.
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified or similar qualifications.
- This role is a Central Bank Pre-Approved Control Function and is subject to Fitness and Probity obligations.
Applicants should state clearly the position they are applying for by quoting the reference BCU CFO 2020
Applications including CV by email only addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for receipt of applications is Friday 17th April 2020
Short listing may apply and assessment will be done on the basis of the information provided in the application.
Bray Credit Union Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer